Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Rain (poetry)

I do enjoy writing and this is one of my favorite pieces I wrote and thought you would enjoy it
I see the clouds overhead
I can feel it in the wind
tears from the sky, to be shed
the rain is about to begin
I welcome it with a smile
I hope it stays awhile
The cold drops on my face
the rain, my cares erase
The drops fall so calm
I welcom them, with open arms
the splash on the ground
such a peaceful sound
The rain brings me joy
this feeling,nothing can destroy
I stand in the rain for hours
just enjoying nature's shower
standing there with content eyes
watching the tempest pass by
in the rain, I have not a care
I just look at the sky, and stare
My clothes are cold and wet
but I don't want to go inside, not yet
I want to enjoy the rain
savoring it again and again
I hear noone around me
just the drops surrounding me
it rains until the night
such a pleasant, beautiful sight
the rain has now ceased
clothes are saturated, sky is clear
this storm was such a great release
and the rain removed my fear
now calmly, I wait
when the rain comes again
the feeling is so great
when I just stand..in the rain

No comments:

Post a Comment