Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thank Odin for the 80's!

So this has got to be one of my most interesting stories I've yet to tell. So around 1 AM-ish, my roommate Alex comes home and says to me

"I'm hungry. Hey Colby, want to get some Beto's?"

I replied yes and I got my shoes on and we got into the car. Alex was alittle nervous because he didn't have insurance on his car. I told him that he shouldn't worry because unless there is something else wrong with your car, they won't check.

Boy was I wrong :P
Anyways, we get to Beto's, and I notice there is an officer in the parking lot across the street looking in our direction. Me and Alex were both nervous. We just played it cool, got our food and went on our way. When we pulled out, so did he. Alex says

"..........shit"

and I feel like the biggest idiot because I told him
he would be alright. The cop pulls us over. He said it was because we had a broken headlight. The cop also said Alex didn't have insurance on his plates. So, he did the usual, ask for license and registration yada yada etc. Alex pulls out his wallet and the officer exclaims in a very ecstatic manner
"I LOVE the wallet! It's like straight out of the 80's!"

and I pondered to myself "maybe I can earn this guy's approval" so I said in a very friendly manner to the officer

"HEY! Want to see something even MORE awesome from the 80's!?"

He replied yes. I unbuckled my seat belt and I proudly showed off my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles belt. Needless to say, he loved it.

So where am I getting at? Well, the officer let us go :D and I honestly think it's because of my Ninja Turtles belt.
So, in the famous words of those heroes in a half shell we grew up with

COWABUNGA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment